Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Painting Makati... PINK!


I was pretty excited when I saw a huge tarpaulin over a vacant space in Greenbelt 5 with the words “Pinkberry Swirling Soon”. At that time, I haven’t tried Pinkberry yet but since a lot of Hollywood celebrities love it and assuming that some of them are picky eaters, then Pinkberry must be good. And I was able to confirm it myself when I tried it during my vacation. Pinkberry love!
I was determined to try Pinkberry here in Manila on its first week of operations to the point that I braved the Christmas rush and the dark night just for it. Paranoid, I was speed walking from the MRT to the malls and back. My travel time going back was less than 20 minutes.

Anyway, I was glad that I was able to meet with some friends on my way to Pinkberry as I might have spent half an hour finding my way to the store (as I have absolutely no sense of direction). 
Hello Pinkberry! It’s nice to see you again!

This time, I wanted to be more… daring! I have tasted the original, mango, and green tea thus leaving me with pomegranate and watermelon. Not in the mood for watermelon, I then asked for a small cup (as I was not really feeling well that day) of pomegranate yogurt topped with granola and yogurt chips (PHP155). You get two free toppings. :)

TANGY. 

I loved that the pomegranate did not fall short in terms of taste. The menu was right! It was indeed tangy… just as what yogurts should taste like.

I love that the granola added texture and crunch to my healthy dessert but I didn’t like the yogurt chips that much. It was like chocolate chips yet it tasted like vanilla (and I’m not that fond of vanilla except as ice cream). Maybe I should have chosen toasted almonds instead. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.
I’m sure some people are thinking what sets Pinkberry apart from other famous yogurt places. I can name three. One, Pinkberry offers unique flavors (e.g. mango, watermelon, pomegranate). Two, the consistency of Pinkberry’s yogurt is not icy (compared to some NOT all yogurt places) thus does not look like mud water when it melts. Three, the servers were well trained and will really help you get the best Pinkberry experience possible. 

I was actually eying the yogurt parfait (PHP245) but I was too scared that the serving might be too much for my somehow irritated throat. I must try that next time. 

Pinkberry is located at Legaspi St. Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center, Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)